Experience 2-5 years
Qualifications Bachelor’s Degree
Why you’ll love working here:
- Open concept office designed to facilitate communication and teamwork
- Competitive compensation based on performance
- Business casual dress code
- World-class Defined Benefit pension
- 100% company paid Extended Health and Dental benefits
- Annual wellness program for reimbursement of health & wellness related expenses
- On-site fitness, yoga and meditation classes as well as massage therapy
- You’re making an impact and helping to deliver on our Pension Promise
Reporting to the Senior Director, Total Portfolio Group, the Specialist will contribute to divisional initiatives and reporting for various audiences, preparing analysis and written reports in collaboration with stakeholders across the Investment Management division and HOOPP to support decision-making and improve the efficiency of our business activities.
What you will do:
- Participate in preparing and coordinating regular and ad hoc reports and presentations for management and the Board of Trustees and its Committees
- Build, implement, and refine processes for collecting divisional updates to track project updates, key performance indicators and important organizational achievements and milestones
- Assist in preparing Investment Management budgets and forecasts, working with Finance partners and Investment Management leaders to gather and update inputs
- Work with subject matter experts across all asset classes to build an understanding of the business and related portfolio risks, and assist in refining presentations and reports
- Design and implement reporting analytics in support of divisional relationship management.
- Assist in ad hoc assignments that may include stakeholders across the division and organization, including research, analysis, planning, and reporting efforts. Examples include gathering and analyzing HOOPP and peer plan data, preparing responses to stakeholder requests, and assisting in investment analysis
What you bring:
- Completion of a University degree in Commerce, Mathematics, Engineering or related field
- Experience in the investment management or financial sector an asset
- Desire to learn combined with other skills will be considered.
- Strong writing skills, ability to author comprehensive and compelling reports for various audiences
- Confident presenting to senior-level management as well as large groups.
- High level of initiative, energy, enthusiasm and professionalism
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Able to manage multiple priorities under pressure with time-sensitive deadlines
- Comfortable continually working on problems with no precedent.
- Able to balance desired outcomes with the need for practical execution
- Able to influence peers and superiors and get results through ideas
Notice for job applicants
Following the advice of Canadian health authorities, to mitigate the risk of potential spread of COVID-19 and support social distancing, all recruiting activities including interviews and new hire onboarding will be conducted online. While we are doing our best to ensure reasonable response times, please expect some delays during the recruiting process due to the current situation. Thank you for your patience and understanding during these challenging times.
For additional information on our adjusted recruitment process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About HOOPP Established in 1960, the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP) is a multi-employer defined benefit pension plan for Ontario’s hospital and community-based healthcare sector. We serve more than 400,000 members who provide valued healthcare services at more than 610 employers across the province. At HOOPP, we exist to provide a stable and reliable pension for our members that starts in retirement and is paid for life. As one of Canada’s largest and most respected pension plans, HOOPP’s net assets reached $104 billion at the end of 2020 and our funded status remained strong and stable at 119%.
HOOPP’s core values – professional, accountable, collaborative, compassionate and trustworthy – guide our every interaction with our members, employers and employees. We’ve become one of Canada’s leading pension plans by consistently challenging ourselves and embracing innovation.
From our unique investment management approach to our innovative technology and thought-provoking research, we constantly seek to push the boundaries, and we do this by hiring passionate, forward-thinking people.
Our high-performance culture is founded on collaboration, respect and belonging. HOOPP is an equal opportunity employer and we’re proud of our diversity. We select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications. Should you require accommodation because of a disability during the recruitment and selection process, please contact our Human Resources team. We will be happy to consult with you so that arrangements can be made for reasonable accommodation