Experience 2-5 years
Are you a leader who can collaborate and deliver concrete results for complex, interesting problems? If you have a diverse skill set, can balance many responsibilities and want to work in an exciting, fast-paced environment, then look no further! The Marketing and Digital Strategy (MADS) branch in Cabinet Office Communications is looking for a savvy, strategic communications specialist with experience in media buying, marketing operations, marketing campaign performance, optimization and data analytics to join our team as an Assistant Director in the Media Buying, Performance and Optimization (MBPO) unit.
Town Hall Conference
We will be hosting a Town Hall via Zoom on Monday, June 7th from 6 PM to 7 PM and Tuesday, June 15th from 6 PM to 7 PM to provide more information on the position and answer any questions.
If you are interested in attending, please complete the registration form < https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=KRLczSqsl0u3ig5crLWGXFsw8K9IolhMt-P071rtyl1UM1U1MFBNN1hXTVQ4WDhWQ1RFREtFM1g5MS4u >and indicate your preferred date for the Town Hall.
Cabinet Office < https://data.ontario.ca/organization/cabinet-office > is the Premier’s ministry. It provides the Premier and his Cabinet with advice and analysis to help the government achieve its priorities.
The MADS < http://www.infogo.gov.on.ca/infogo/#orgProfile/4027/en > team works with our ministry partners to provide best-in-class marketing, social media, digital analytics and media buying for government programs and initiatives. For us, it’s all about a people-centred approach, ensuring the people of Ontario are aware of, and have access to, the services they need. It’s about inspiring change to help Ontarians understand the decisions they can make every day to make life safer, easier and inclusive.
The Ontario Public Service (OPS) is committed to a diversity of identities, experiences, perspectives and skills. As part of this competition, we are conducting a voluntary survey to collect socio-demographic data to understand the experience of applicants as they move through the recruitment process, while also better understanding any potential barriers that may be experienced.
Your participation in the survey is anonymous and will contribute to efforts in building a more diverse, inclusive and accessible OPS.
Please visit the survey < https://forms.office.com/pages/responsepage.aspx?id=KRLczSqsl0u3ig5crLWGXG0Xvvns_r9Bj4FVAIZV2EVUQVoyUUNIUVhJTDhTRVBWUlFBNzNSS0VQVy4u > to learn more and/or to participate.
- Paid statutory holidays
- Pay in lieu of benefits with optional enrolment in our group benefit plan
- A defined benefit pension plan
- Flexible work arrangements
- Welcoming and professional work culture
- Career growth and development opportunities across multiple business areas
The keys to leadership in the OPS
The OPS defines what it means to be a leader by the following expected attributes and behavioural competencies:
- You commit to the responsibilities of being a leader by demonstrating authenticity, accountability and bravery.
- You lead by embracing positive disruption, maintaining a future mindset and supporting staff development.
- You are people-centred and can lead your team with a common purpose by being inclusive, collaborating across boundaries and hierarchies, building effective networks and partnerships, and incorporating diverse perspectives.
What can I expect to do in this role?
The MBPO team is newly formed and the first for the government. As the Assistant Director, you will be responsible for leading the development, research, measurement and adoption of targeted and transformational digital communication, paid digital media (programmatic, video, social, search) and marketing strategies for government marketing and communications priorities. Working with a team of digital, marketing and communications experts, you will be guiding the vision to fully operationalize and deliver in-house media buying for the government.
As the Assistant Director, you will:
- Lead, and advocate for, the use of new technologies, including digital media buying, planning and reporting, as well as key communication and promotion tools.
- Set, maintain, and improve the processes that ensure digital media is delivered on budget and on time by the in-house team.
- Collaborate with internal or external vendor partners (e.g., Google, Adobe, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok) to maximize platform capabilities and act as a subject matter expert for the team
- Act as a lead partner in internal corporate transformational initiatives and corporate ministry programs.
- Provide expert advice and consultation to senior management on the most effective application of digital media technology.
- Provide advice on, or develop, strategic, agile and cost-effective paid digital media plans to meet campaign objectives.
- Lead and manage the development and implementation of campaign measurement and evaluation methods.
- Lead and manage the analysis and monitoring of digital media and design trends, markets, channels and issues.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with key partners and stakeholders.
- Present and advocate the ministry’s position at various forums.
- Manage a team of high-performing digital and marketing experts.
- Develop effective human resources through recruitment activities, labour relations and talent management, organizational design and succession planning.
- Sit on the branch’s Senior Management Team.
Location: 99 Wellesley Street West, Toronto