Experience 5-10 years
Qualifications Bachelor’s Degree
BRAND PARTNERSHIP MANAGER (REVENUE)
POSITION CODE: Job Req #16
LOCATION: The Globe and Mail, Toronto
SALARY: This position is classified under Group A of the Advertising Collective Agreement
Being part of The Globe and Mail team requires a passion for excellence and an unwavering commitment to innovate in a fast-paced and dynamically evolving environment. Demonstrating these characteristics in the workplace every day is what makes our people the foundation of our success. We support a culture in which employees can live their ideals, develop their abilities, creatively contribute to the success of the organization and be recognized, appreciated and rewarded for doing so. If you are the best in your field, we’d like to hear from you.
Reporting to the Group Client Directors, the Brand Partnership Manager plays an integral role in developing strategic, high impact media solutions leveraging Globe Media Group assets including: print, digital, events, custom content, audience and performance marketing solutions.
- Maintain and grow client relationships at a senior level, including agency clients and client direct
- Meet and exceed quarterly and annual revenue targets, and sales KPI’s
- Commitment to excellence in sales disciplines, including pipeline management, forecasting, and CRM
- Prospecting and new business development: establish new relationships and drive new business growth from net new accounts and new lines of business within active accounts
- Employ consultative sales approach to uncover client needs and insights to inform your solutions to deliver optimal business outcomes for your clients
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to develop strategic solutions and deliver winning proposals that meet and exceed client needs and expectations
- Work with the Media Strategists, Content Studio, Product Team, Revenue Management, and Project Delivery managers to ensure quality in execution, packaging and pricing
- Together with ad operations monitor campaign performance, delivering timely insights and optimization strategies to deliver on client KPI’s
- Bachelor’s Degree or related College Diploma with a minimum 8 years of professional experience in a related field (Advertising, Marketing, Media Sales)
- Demonstrated ability to successfully execute creative 360° content solutions
- Strong aptitude for understanding integrated platforms
- Strong digital background and understanding of data and digital marketing
- Strong strategic lead with a deep understanding of marketing and media strategy
- Ability to lead a cross-functional team
- Multi-media experience, particularly broadcast media sales, is an asset
- Experience in content sales, content marketing and multi-platform content solutions: print, digital, video, podcast.
- Social media knowledge
- Brand management, marketing, agency and/or solutions sales experience is an asset
- Excellent business development and program management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence different areas of the business to get necessary resources to effectively meet client needs
- Excellent presentation skills
- Exceptional customer relationship skills
- Business to Business and Business to Consumer fluency
- Microsoft Office capability with proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint skills
All offers of employment with The Globe and Mail are conditional upon the candidate being Fully Vaccinated. To be Fully Vaccinated is defined as someone who has received the full series of a vaccine or a combination of vaccines accepted by the Government of Canada (currently Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Janssen) and has received the last dose at least 14 days prior to their start date. To prove they are Fully Vaccinated, all new hires will be required to provide evidence by emailing a copy of their vaccine dose administration receipt(s) to Human Resources prior to their start date. Those seeking exemption based on one or more of the protected grounds in the Human Rights Code will need to provide their request for accommodation to Human Resources for approval. If the accommodation request is not approved and the candidate is not Fully Vaccinated, any offer of employment will be revoked.
THE GLOBE AND MAIL IS DEDICATED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION IN THE WORKPLACE
The Globe and Mail is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We believe this strengthens our business and our journalism. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals from all groups, regardless of race, ethnicity, culture, gender, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, age, and physical ability. As required by the Federal Contractors Program, The Globe also tracks the proportion of staff in the four Employment Equity categories (Women, Aboriginal Peoples, Persons with Disabilities, and Members of Visible Minorities) to ensure we are reflecting the areas in which we work.
The Globe and Mail offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.