Experience 5-10 years
Qualifications Bachelor’s Degree
The Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) is Canada’s largest securities regulator, with a mandate to provide protection to investors from unfair, improper or fraudulent practices, to foster fair, efficient and competitive capital markets and confidence in the capital markets, to foster capital formation, and to contribute to the stability of the financial system and the reduction of systemic risk.
We offer a diverse, fair and flexible work environment and take pride in our challenging and rewarding work.
The Investor Office (www.InvestorOffice.ca) is a regulatory operations branch of the OSC created in 2015. The Investor Office sets the strategic direction and leads the OSC’s efforts in investor engagement, education, outreach and research. The Investor Office also has a policy function, plays a key role in the oversight of the Ombudsman for Banking Services and Investments (OBSI), and provides leadership in the area of behavioural insights at the OSC.
Investor Office staff strive for excellence in everything they do.
Our Digital Designer plays a key role in helping people get smarter about money. The Digital Designer is responsible for creating effective and engaging visual content for Investor Office financial educational initiatives, including the award-winning GetSmarterAboutMoney.ca, one of Canada’s most visited financial education websites. The Designer also helps measure and analyze the performance and effectiveness of Investor Office educational initiatives through the use of analytics and is an active participant in broader financial education and outreach of the Investor Office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Manager, Investor Engagement and Outreach, the Digital Designer will:
- Design effective and engaging visual content and tools for Investor Office digital and print initiatives to help people get smarter about money and make better financial decisions
- Use various data analytics tools to measure the performance and effectiveness of educational and outreach initiatives, including, but not limited to, the OSC’s consumer site GetSmarterAboutMoney.ca
- Conceive, design and implement new digital educational initiatives, and promotional campaigns
- Develop, implement and monitor performance measures of the OSC’s investor education, engagement and outreach efforts
- Manage vendor and supplier relationships
- Actively participate in the OSC Community program and other outreach programs
- Act as brand ambassador to GetSmarterAboutMoney.ca, by following, maintaining and updating brand guidelines as necessary
- Leverage partnerships with stakeholders and utilize multiple visual approaches to reach and engage the maximum number of individual retail investors
- Create internal reports for management
Some examples of Investor Office educational properties include:
- Investor News < https://www.getsmarteraboutmoney.ca/resources/publications/investor-news/>
- GetSmarterAboutMoney on YouTube
- @smarter_money on Twitter and @GetSmarterAboutMoney on Facebook
Ideal skills and experience:
- Minimum of 5 – 7 years of relevant experience
- Experience leading and developing multiple creative and design projects, and a portfolio of innovative and engaging work
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. Additional experience with video and animation software such as AfterEffects is preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of digital user experience metrics and user-centred design methodologies to improve accessibility and usability of investor education resources
- Understanding of traditional and online marketing tools and search engine optimization
- Experience with Google Analytics, Mailchimp, Google Tag Manager and other tools, and a demonstrated ability to learn new tools and methods quickly
- Knowledge of financial concepts and investor issues
- Experience designing for social media and digital display ads, with a sophisticated understanding of current educational and outreach strategies and tactics, including segmenting of audiences, new technology tools for mobilization, and persuasive messaging
- Ability to seek out and identify new and innovative design and communication methods
- Demonstrated experience and success in public affairs, strategic communications, marketing and/or effective stakeholder outreach strategies in complex, multi-stakeholder environments
- Strong work ethic and ability to work as part of a high-performing team
- Understanding of the importance of delivering value for money
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High level of enthusiasm for the OSC’s mandate and the role of the Investor Office
- High degree of attention to detail
You might be the sort of person who:
- is an overachiever who likes being part of a dynamic and creative team
- is active on multiple social media platforms
- is always on the lookout for new ideas and creative approaches to design and communications
- has a love of excellent design and typography, and an understanding of why it’s important
- is comfortable with numbers and can formulate a narrative about what those numbers mean
Grow your career and make a difference working at the OSC!
Apply online (https://www.osc.ca/en/about-us/careers-osc) by Friday, August 6, 2021, at 11:59 pm EST.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the Ontario Securities Commission. We will contact those selected for an interview.
The OSC is committed to diversity and providing an inclusive workplace. It is our priority to ensure employment opportunities are visible and barrier-free to all under-represented groups, including, but not limited to, Indigenous, Black and racialized groups, people with disabilities, women and people from the LGBTQ2S community, to achieve an employee demographic profile reflective of the demographic profile of Ontarians.
The OSC is a proud partner with the following organizations: BlackNorth Initiative < https://blacknorth.ca/ >, Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion < https://ccdi.ca/ >, and Pride at Work Canada < https://prideatwork.ca/
If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting our confidential inbox HRRecruitment@osc.gov.on.ca. Visit Accessibility at the OSC < https://www.osc.ca/en/accessibility-osc > to review the OSC’s policies on accessibility and accommodation in the workplace.