Experience 5-10 years
Qualifications Master’s Degree
Children, Youth & Social Services Information & Information Technology Cluster
Are you looking to use your skills where it can make a difference to children and youth in need in Ontario? Do you want a role that matters and taps into your experience as a senior technology solutions leader with a proven track record driving service excellence and innovation? The Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services is offering an exciting opportunity for an executive to contribute to the modernization and transformation of the ministry.
The Children, Youth and Social Services I&IT Cluster (CYSSC) works with Ministry divisions to provide leadership, strategic advice and expertise on information technology solutions and services that advance the digital agenda. The CYSSC maintains and operates information technology solutions that support the business and mandate of the Ministry and works closely with partners in the IT enterprise and Ontario Digital Service to deliver on key Ministry priorities, while aligning with the overall technology direction of the Ontario Public Service (OPS).
The Social Assistance I&IT Solutions (SAIS) branch is a key partner in the Ministry’s transformation of the social services system to be preventative, integrated, easier to navigate, and digitally enabled. Examples of some of these key social assistance initiatives within the Cluster include the maintenance of the Social Assistance Management System (SAMS) and the integration of two-way Messaging with MyBenefits to enable secure exchange of messages and documents between Ontario Works and Ontario Disability Support Program clients and case workers.
An effective leader in the Ontario Public Service (OPS) is responsible, innovative, and collaborative. A responsible leader is someone who demonstrates authenticity, accountability, and courage in how they interact with others. An individual who models ethical behaviour, and who is honest and capable of making difficult choices. An innovative leader is someone who leads with common purpose, embraces positive disruption, and has a future mindset. An individual who inspires others, values continues learning and encourages development and integration. A collaborative leader focuses on helping others to grow, drives people-centred outcomes and promotes an environment of inclusivity. A leader who consistently works to confront bias and systemic barriers while understanding the importance of creating a more diverse and accessible workplace.
OPS commitment to diversity, inclusion, accessibility and anti-racism
The OPS is an innovative, responsive, and accountable public service that works hard to be diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable. Diversifying leadership teams is a top OPS priority, with the goal to achieve parity with the Ontario labour force by 2025 for the most underrepresented groups (Indigenous, racialized and persons with disabilities) in leadership positions. To advance this goal, the OPS is collecting socio-demographic information that will help to address potential barriers and achieve equity in hiring.
The OPS is an accessible employer and offers accommodation in all aspects of employment, including the recruitment process.
What can I expect to do in this role?
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer/Assistant Deputy Minister, you will:
- Serve as a key member of the Cluster Leadership Team in supporting the CYSSC Cluster Strategy and the achievement of the division’s Vision and Mission. This includes direct accountability in the overall success of the Cluster’s Strategic Directions and Objectives through the implementation of defined action plans.
- Embody the Cluster’s Values and provide leadership in the SAIS branch’s adoption of Cluster values in day-to-day work.
- Function as the primary driver and champion of technology solutions roadmaps and lifecycle. This includes operational excellence and a vision for future innovation in service/user design, user experience, portfolio and product management and software solutions delivery.
- Directly support the Social Assistance portfolio in MCCSS, partnering with senior executives on a broad range of business outcomes aimed at improving the lives of citizens. Key priorities of focus in the Social Assistance portfolio include:
- Social assistance and employment systems (Ontario Works, Ontario Disability Support Program), Social assistance service modernization, including social assistance recovery & renewal, and Employment Services Transformation.
- Provide strategic direction and functional leadership for all the activities of a branch, including its strategic and business planning; solution development, delivery and results review; governance and accountability, including risk management frameworks.
- Direct the modernization of tools, technology platforms to enhance business programs, including partner with the business on transformation/modernization projects that contribute to the overall vision of the Ontario Onwards Action Plan.
- Facilitate a collaborative approach to programs, services and business partnerships with GovTechON and other digital stakeholders across the Ontario Public Service and Broader Public Sector organizations.
- Develop strong relationships with internal/external stakeholders, partners and clients while expanding Ontario Public Service (OPS) best practices across Ontario and making the organization a leader in public sector services by modernizing its IT infrastructure/processes and producing solutions that enhance government efficiency and office productivity, and provide seamless user experiences for citizens and businesses.
- Promote a modernized work environment for the OPS that creates team collaboration and innovation, that includes the ability to work remotely or in satellite locations.
How do I qualify?
- You have a proven track record in implementing IT solutions for business outcomes.
- You have proven success leading and mentoring high-performing teams in a fast-paced operational information technology environment.
- You are a strategic leader who can promote and influence collaborative behaviours while influencing a culture of service excellence, inclusion, accountability and efficiency.
- You have demonstrated experience using consultative techniques to building strong linkages with your partners and have demonstrated experience communicating complex and sensitive information to senior leaders.
- You have demonstrated political acuity and the ability to build and maintain partnerships, and develop trust and positive working relationships with internal/external partners, executives and ministry personnel.
- You have a proven track record of strategic thinking, innovation and effective decision-making abilities.
- You have experience with implementing effective governance and ensure the appropriate risk management/mitigation controls are in place for the consistent and efficient deployment of I&IT software solutions.
- You have demonstrated capabilities to drive change and obtain collaborative buy-in from internal and external stakeholders, colleagues and staff.
- You understand the complexities of technology systems and software solution design, including the deployment of innovative technologies to successfully deliver modular and digital I&IT solutions.
- You have led the deployment of business and software solutions, and process improvement initiatives and have developed and implemented innovative change solutions to enhance the delivery and maintenance of I&IT programs and services.
Diversity and Inclusion
- You have executive leadership to foster a workplace culture of respect, equity and inclusivity.
- You have experience providing strategic input to planning, coordinating and delivery of equity and inclusion leadership initiatives relating to the MCCSS mandate, such as the Anti-Racism, Diversity and Inclusion plan.
- You have demonstrated success as an inclusive leader by inspiring and engaging diverse staff and enabling and supporting high-performing teams.
- You have demonstrated commitment and proven success in engaging employees, building leadership capacity and promoting a strong organizational culture of excellence, equality, diversity, and inclusion.
Salary range: $130,930 – $175,070 Per Year
Job term: Temporary – 12 months
Location: 5700 Yonge St, Toronto, ON
Please apply online, only, by Friday, October 22, 2021, by visiting http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Preview.aspx?Language=English&JobID=170222. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact the Executive Recruitment Unit at email@example.com. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.