Experience 2-5 years
Manager, Deskside Services
Competition No.: R-04-61-16
Information & Information Technology Division
Term: Contract (up to one year)
Salary Range: $83,713 – $104,638 per annum ($44.41 – $55.51 per hour)
Note: This position is based out of our Toronto Head Office; however, we are scheduled to operate remotely until at least September 2021
The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO) is a regulatory agency that reports to the Ministry of the Attorney General. The AGCO is responsible for regulating the alcohol, gaming, horseracing, and private cannabis retail sectors in Ontario, in accordance with the principles of honesty and integrity, and in the public interest.
Are you a dynamic and people-focused leader who thrives in a fast-paced environment? Are you a forward-thinking and innovative individual who strives for quality and continuous improvement? At the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO), you will be joining an energetic and collaborative team where you can make an impact.
Reporting to the Director, Information Technology, you will be responsible for leading the maintenance, operation, and support of the AGCO’s desktop infrastructure. In addition, you will be responsible for building a high-performing team by establishing strategy and business planning for the function based on the Division and AGCO strategic priorities. You will evaluate the performance of your staff, and coach, develop and identify staffing needs. As a key member of the IT leadership team, you will contribute to the development and execution of the enterprise-wide IT strategy.
In this role, the successful candidate will:
- Oversee the helpdesk team in the hardware/software support, maintenance and deployment of all desktop computing devices and peripherals, which include, but are not limited to, desktops, laptops/notebooks, tablets and mobile devices.
- Manage the activities of the Desktop Support Team by monitoring requests to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Build and maintain a customer-centric team with a focus on timely and accurate service delivery.
- Research, identify, prioritize and recommend new technologies, and IT process and/or systems improvements and oversee implementation of changes.
- Analyze existing operational workflows and implement optimal, higher efficiency IT support and procurement solutions to better service the organization’s current and future business initiatives.
- Be accountable for effective planning, budgeting, risk management and execution of department programs and projects within identified scope, forecast and timeline.
- Establish KPIs and Monitor Metrics to achieve goals and identify trends.
- Implement the priorities identified on the annual corporate plan to meet strategic objectives and ensure IT reflects business priorities to ensure high-quality service delivery.
- Establish procedures and provide change management oversight to minimize disruption of services when providing desktop support.
- Manage staff through on-going feedback, direction, counselling and coaching to ensure a substantial achievement of the Branch and Division objectives.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Post-secondary education in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a leadership role.
- Certification in ITIL Foundations.
- Proven knowledge of Windows Server, Hyper-V, SaaS, IaaS, Cloud Computing, MS Azure, Office 365 Administration, LAN and WAN, TCP/IP, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT), System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Data Protection Manager (DPM).
- Solid experience with Microsoft Outlook, MS Exchange, DHCP, LDAP, Active Directory, Security and Permissions, Group Policy (GPO), BES Cloud, in addition to all Windows Operating Systems, including Windows 10, BlackBerry/RIM Support, iOS and Microsoft Office Suites, including Online (O365) and Microsoft Project.
- Knowledge and understanding of Infrastructure security, security policies and Least Privilege Management practices.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to liaise and consult professionally with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of constituencies.
- A demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Proven leadership in building a high-performing team.
- Demonstrated ability to examine available data, determine potential trends, and recommend actions.
- Experience managing multiple complex projects simultaneously, preparing project plans, tracking progress, and reporting to leadership.
The successful candidate must be eligible to work in Canada and will be subject to a criminal background check.
To apply to this vacancy, please submit your application online at our Careers Webpage, located at www.agco.ca/careers, by Friday, May 14, 2021.
The AGCO is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer.
The AGCO has the responsibility to lead by example in advancing racial equity and to build a diverse, inclusive, accessible and respectful workplace where every employee has a voice and the opportunity to fully contribute. To this effect, you are encouraged to reflect upon the diversity you would bring to the role within your application including, but not limited to, individuals identifying with one or more of the under-represented groups identified within Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
Disability-related accommodation during the recruitment process is available upon request.