Experience 2-5 years
- Job ID: 16057
- Job Category: Communications & Marketing
- Division & Section: Municipal Licensing & Standards, MLS Toronto Animal Services
- Work Location: NORTH REGION ANIMAL CENTRE
- Job Type & Duration: Full-time, Permanent
- Salary: $110,965.40 – $130,366.60, TM1962, Wage grade 8.0
- Shift Information: 35 hr work week 7 hr day Monday to Friday per week
- Affiliation: Non-Union
- Number of Positions Open: 1
- Posting Period: 26-APR-2021 to 10-MAY-2021
As the Manager Partnerships & Animal Services you will advance the partnership, fundraising, sponsorship, marketing and pet licensing opportunities for Toronto Animal Services. You will lead the strategic and operational direction of Animal Service’s Partnership, Licensing, Spay/Neuter and Dispatch teams while supporting and developing programs to enhance the housing, care and quality of life of animals.
What will you do?
- Develop and implement detailed plans and recommend policies regarding program specific requirements.
- Manage, motivate and train the unit’s staff, ensuring effective teamwork, high standards of work quality and organizational performance, continuous learning and encourages innovation in others.
- Supervise the day to day operation of all assigned staff including the scheduling, assigning and reviewing of work. Authorizes and controls vacation and overtime requests. Monitors and evaluates staff performance, approves salary increments and recommends disciplinary action when necessary.
- Develop, recommend and administer the annual budget for the unit, and ensure that the unit’s expenditures are controlled and maintained within approved budget limitations.
- Develop and implement strategic and operational initiatives for Animal Shelters, including short-term and long-term objectives and operational policies that support the Division’s strategic directions.
- Provide subject matter expertise and guidance to staff in the execution of their duties in regards to complex and/or sensitive matters.
- Monitor program performance and makes adjustments necessary to ensure performance targets and legislative requirements are met.
- Develop and maintain strategies to ensure effective working relationships with community agencies, non-governmental organizations and stakeholders.
- Seek out partnerships in the private and corporate sectors to advance pet licensing programs, pet adoption programs and donation programs.
- Develop contractual partnership agreements, in consultation with City Legal Services, to facilitate programs related to pet licensing, pet adoptions and donations.
- Develop and coordinate a multi-pronged strategic fundraising campaign for Toronto Animal Services.
- Secure donations, sponsorships, government grants and in-kind services and products through strategic approach, materials and negotiation with various business sectors of Corporate Canada, the private sector and other levels of government.
- Develop, prepare and coordinate grants and funding applications and ensures all obligations under grant agreements are met.
- Manage benefit fulfillment and contractual obligations with sponsorship partners. Ensure all benefits are fulfilled and that objectives do not supersede the objectives or the reputation of the City of Toronto.
- Manage the performance and conduct of staff, volunteers and service providers ensuring compliance with City policy and applicable regulations.
- Manage, motivate and train individuals (e.g., volunteers, senior City staff) meeting with prospective donors and making donation pitches. Participate in pitches with major potential donors.
- Develop innovative sales kits and presentations, as well as other donation and marketing materials to support donor fundraising and in-cash and in-kind sponsorship efforts.
- Ensure that donors and sponsors are aware of the restrictions on confidentiality regarding their contributions to the City of Toronto, subject to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA).
- Ensure that all donations made directly to the City of Toronto are deposited into the correct accounts (i.e. reserve, capital), are properly recorded and properly tax receipted in accordance with City policies and procedures.
- Liaise regularly with other senior staff in Cultural Services to ensure regular communication and coordination for all activities related to or affecting fundraising, sponsorship or marketing of Animal Services.
- Consult and works in collaboration with other units in Municipal Licensing & Standards, the Toronto Office of Partnerships and City divisions involved in sponsorship/donor related programs.
- Develop and implement performance and outcome measures in support of service goals and objectives to ensure that decisions are based on facts and supported by appropriate statistical data.
- Manage all aspects of Dispatch & Licensing and Spay/Neuter operations, ensuring compliance with all Provincial statutes, professional Regulatory obligations and applicable municipal by-laws.
- Develop, recommend, implement and administer programs that advance the level of pet licensing compliance in the City of Toronto.
- Develop and execute plans for special events and programs related to pet adoption and pet licensing.
- Manage the operation of in-house and mobile surgical clinics, ensuring compliance with provincial statutes and regulations as prescribed by the College of Veterinarians of Ontario, and others.
- Provide and support the Director in developing direction to city-wide Animal Services program planning and development. Establish program-specific vision, mission and guiding principles in alignment with the directives of the Board of Health and the City of Toronto.
- Develop and support policies and procedures that ensure programs and services implemented in the community are delivered in a professional manner and protect the City from potential liability.
- Negotiate service contracts and performance targets with service providers, and prepares business cases and procurement requests in accordance with corporate requirements.
- Participate in the development of Animal Service’s multi-year strategic and operating plans that are innovative and evidence based, maximize service delivery efficiencies, respond to community needs and integrates access and equity principles.
- Ensure effective handling and resolution of issues or problems identified by elected officials, external agencies, other city division and the public.
- Identify emerging issues and priorities in the external environment that could impact on community need and/or service pressures and develop strategies and recommendations to determine interventions and improve response. Ensure service planning is based on supported research, evidence and best practices and includes community input where appropriate.
- Support strategic divisional and corporate initiatives.
- Develop briefing notes and reports for presentation to senior management, standing committees and council, as applicable.
- Respond to print, television or online media requests.
- Consult with other Managers in Toronto Animal Services and senior staff in Corporate Communications on all aspects of the campaign.
- Coordinate, develop, execute and monitor all fundraising activities by City staff or volunteers related to the various Shelters and events throughout the City of Toronto.
- Cultivate and retain strategic relationships with corporate representatives, local businesses, politicians from three levels of government and internal senior level management.
- Develop accounting systems in collaboration with Finance & Administration. Develop other required information systems (e.g., donor records, potential individual and corporate donor database) for Toronto Animal Services.
SEE FULL JOB POSTING ON LINK TO APPLY!