Experience 2-5 years
Industry Html Department
Qualifications Bachelor’s Degree
PROGRAMMATIC CAMPAIGN MANAGER (REVENUE)
POSITION CODE: 2022-007
LOCATION: The Globe and Mail, Toronto
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Being part of The Globe and Mail team requires a passion for excellence and an unwavering commitment to innovate in a fast-paced and dynamically evolving environment. Demonstrating these characteristics in the workplace every day is what makes our people the foundation of our success.
We support a culture in which employees can live their ideals, develop their abilities, creatively contribute to the success of the organization and be recognized, appreciated and rewarded for doing so. If you are the best in your field, we would like to hear from you.
The Programmatic Campaign Manager will manage the development, implementation, and optimization
of programmatic campaigns across multichannel products.
- Conduct full analysis of campaign performance, optimizations, issues, and strategy while providing daily breakdown to management of ways to improve campaign performance
- Work with internal teams to provide clients with programmatic media recommendations and optimization strategies that align with client objectives
- Capability of trafficking all creatives, and setting campaigns up prior to launch date
- Coordination and management of all programmatic guaranteed campaigns from pre-sale inventory avails to campaign set up to campaign management tasks such as screenshots, reporting, optimization, creative build requests, etc.
- coordination and management of performance program products working closely with the advertising operations specialists to execute, monitor and manage all performance tactics that are part of digital campaigns driving campaign performance
- Ability to speak to performance programs differentiation in-market and highlight unique capabilities for clients
- Report pacing/overall performance both internally and externally
- Maintain knowledge of media technology buying platforms and analytic tools
- Navigate through variety of third-party systems to complete monthly billing documentation
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and providing recommendations for testing into new and emerging technologies, vendors and trends
- Schedule, test and launch 3rd party ad tags including rich media, flash, gif/jpg and text. Ensure creative complies with ad specs
- Monitor campaign performance, discrepancies and troubleshoot delivery issues
- Optimize ad placements and sponsorships to meet or exceed client goals. Work with external partner contacts to resolve any campaign technical issues
- Work cross-functionally with a variety of teams such as Yield, Operations, and Sales
- 2+ years of professional experience in a programmatic environment
- Ideally some previous experience of data analysis (also open to a graduate of Math/Statistics/Media)
- Knowledge of DSPs, Google marketing platforms such as DV360, Ad Manager 360, Ad Networks, media optimization solutions, 3rd party search and social platforms and/or ad operations technology
- Strong experience with scheduling, trafficking and managing campaigns
- Experience with Python/Java/R or similar an asset
- Familiarity with SQL, databases
- Experience with data visualization, establishing client facing dashboards
- Extremely detail-oriented, with the ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Proficiency in Excel & Microsoft PowerPoint
- Solid understanding of interactive marketing principles and digital trends
- Strong analytical reasoning skills
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams and influence business partners
- Superior communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and partners
- Understand operations and revenue from open exchange RTB environment, preferred deals, private exchanges, networks and other demand partners
THE GLOBE AND MAIL IS DEDICATED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION IN THE WORKPLACE
The Globe and Mail is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We believe this strengthens our business and our journalism. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals from all groups, regardless of race, ethnicity, culture, gender, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, age, and physical ability. As required by the Federal Contractors Program, The Globe also tracks the proportion of staff in the four Employment Equity categories (Women, Aboriginal Peoples, Persons with Disabilities, and Members of Visible Minorities) to ensure we are reflecting the areas in which we work.
The Globe and Mail offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.