Experience 2-5 years
Qualifications Bachelor’s Degree
Research and Insights Lead (Revenue)
JOB REQ #: 31
LOCATION: The Globe and Mail, Toronto
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
The Globe and Mail has a full-time opening for a Research and Insights Lead, based in Toronto. Reporting to the Head of Research and Media Insights, this position will support revenue growth across all Globe and Mail print and digital platforms as well as the Globe Alliance network of premium news, business and finance, and lifestyle properties. You will work cross-functionally, primarily supporting the national and regional sales teams, media strategy and the Globe content studio.
You will be a great fit for this role if you have a deep curiosity and a passion for analyzing data and uncovering insights, have experience using a variety of syndicated media research data sources, and know how to craft compelling stories for advertisers. You are a strong communicator both written and verbally, and are comfortable presenting internally and externally. Experience writing consumer research surveys and/or fielding advertising effectiveness studies would be an asset for this position.
- Access 3rd party/syndicated research studies to prove our competitive strengths against reach, composition and engagement
- Lead internal and external requests for audience research to support client pitches/RFPs
- Perform data-driven analysis to generate insights for advertising opportunities
- Analyze print readership, circulation and digital audience trends
- Build compelling data stories to support sales efforts
- Update and maintain sales research and insights collateral following data releases
- Effectively scope internal/external client needs to determine the best research solutions
- Develop and program custom surveys
- Assist with consumer research projects (i.e. survey questionnaires, project communication and timelines, vendor engagement)
- Analyze advertising effectiveness studies for clients and prepare presentations
- Keep up to date with industry trends and research methodologies
- Minimum of 4 years of research experience in a media/advertising/marketing environment
- Experience using syndicated media research tools (i.e. Vividata, Comscore, Plan Metrix, Environics, Pathmatics)
- Working knowledge of survey research tools and platforms (i.e. Verint)
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills
- A solid understanding of survey research methodologies
- Ability to extract and analyze various data sets and employ critical thinking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of the Canadian media landscape
All offers of employment with The Globe and Mail are conditional upon the candidate being Fully Vaccinated. To be Fully Vaccinated is defined as someone who has received the full series of a vaccine or a combination of vaccines accepted by the Government of Canada (currently Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, Janssen) and has received the last dose at least 14 days prior to their start date. To prove they are Fully Vaccinated, all new hires will be required to provide evidence by emailing a copy of their vaccine dose administration receipt(s) to Human Resources prior to their start date. Those seeking exemption based on one or more of the protected grounds in the Human Rights Code will need to provide their request for accommodation to Human Resources for approval. If the accommodation request is not approved and the candidate is not Fully Vaccinated, any offer of employment will be revoked.
THE GLOBE AND MAIL IS DEDICATED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION IN THE WORKPLACE
The Globe and Mail is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We believe this strengthens our business and our journalism. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals from all groups, regardless of race, ethnicity, culture, gender, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, age, and physical ability. As required by the Federal Contractors Program, The Globe also tracks the proportion of staff in the four Employment Equity categories (Women, Aboriginal Peoples, Persons with Disabilities, and Members of Visible Minorities) to ensure we are reflecting the areas in which we work.
The Globe and Mail offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.