Experience 5-10 years
Qualifications Master’s Degree
Senior Policy Advisor
Are you interested in driving transformation of a complex, $10-billion-a-year human service system critical to making a difference in vulnerable people’s lives? Are you motivated to work on high-priority initiatives in a fast-paced environment, working with a broad range of internal and external partners?
If yes, consider joining the Social Assistance Reform Branch in the Ministry of Community, Community and Social Services, responsible for driving the renewal of Ontario’s social assistance system to improve responsiveness and efficiency, and help people achieve independence and financial resilience through an ecosystem of connected and personalized supports.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this combined policy and program role, you will:
- Develop strategies and integrated implementation plans that bring together policy, program design, funding, data, accountability, technology, service delivery and partnership elements to drive change on priority aspects of social assistance renewal
- Develop and implement project management systems and processes, including clarifying overall goals, and tracking progress towards outcomes and implementation milestones
- Identify and manage overall risks, including addressing barriers and bringing additional skills and capacity to bear on key priorities
How do I qualify?
Strategic Analysis and Communication
- You can think strategically and approach complex problems in an analytical way, and present creative solutions to problems within the broader context
- You have superior oral and written communications skills, including the ability to present complex ideas and strategies in a user-friendly way to various internal and external audiences
- You have extensive experience conducting, coordinating and evaluating policy, program, operational and fiscal analysis and recommendations to senior management
Leadership and Relationship Management
- You are a confident self-starter, adept at bringing different kinds of people together to develop plans, build consensus and solve problems
- You have strong interpersonal and collaboration skills to build trust and credibility with stakeholders and business partners, and are able to navigate complex relationship dynamics
- You have strong project planning and management skills and experience to lead and coordinate complex horizontal projects
- You have knowledge of social assistance programs, delivery systems and stakeholders, including current priorities and context
- You have knowledge of policy and program development principles and techniques, and government decision-making processes
Salary Range: $73,402 – $108,164 per year
- 1 Permanent, 2 Bloor St W, Toronto, Toronto Region
- 8 Temporary, duration up to 24 months (with possible extension), 2 Bloor St W, Toronto, Toronto Region
Please apply online, only, by Tuesday, December 1, 2020, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers, and entering Job ID 155311 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.