Career Level Others
Experience 2-5 years
Qualifications Bachelor’s Degree
The Supervisor, Revenue Cycle manages the end-to-end execution of the revenue cycle (accuracy of College wide revenues, AR and Collections). The incumbent will develop the function to be able to provide insight and analytics into college revenues, billing and collections activities. The supervisor will be responsible to train and develop a team that can provide robust oversight while improving billing and collection processes.
What You’ll be Doing
- Managing financial controls and risks associated with these functions through establishing and monitoring business processes;
- Creating reports that assisting in the decision making process;
- Ensuring implementation and adaptation of new policies and procedures and processes;
- Providing leadership, operational management, and direction to team;
- Optimizing staff performance through effective recruiting, development, mentoring/coaching, workflow/goal setting, and ongoing performance management;
- Ensuring the completion and review of all revenue related accounts;
- Applying GAAP and participating in year end audits;
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
You bring excellent communication skills with the ability to develop strong relationships to help advance organizational goals.
Your collaborative spirit is balanced with your ability to take initiative and act independently to advance initiatives.
You bring proven analytical skills including financial analysis, data mining, and recommendations.
The successful candidate will also meet the following qualifications:
- 4 year bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or related field of study
- 3 years of Progressive experience
- Currently holds a CPA designation (i.e. CA, CGA or CMA)
- Current working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles GAAP
- Familiarity with Sales Tax e.g., HST
- Computer proficiency: MS Office and Financial Systems (e.g., PeopleSoft Financial and Student Administration Modules).
Who We Are:
“Every member of the Sheridan community is passionate about the transformational role we play in people’s lives. Our strategic plan, Sheridan 2024: Galvanizing Education for a Complex World (https://sheridan2024.sheridancollege.ca/), charts a path towards a new ground-breaking model of higher education that reshapes post-secondary education and better prepares students for the future. We are committed to demonstrably advancing equity, diversity and inclusivity. Diversity is our strength and fuels our commitment to excellence. Across our campuses, we’re making meaningful strides towards developing an equitable and inclusive community”.
- For more information, visit: Why Work at Sheridan
Faculty/Department: Financial Services
Campus Location: Trafalgar (may be assigned activities at any Sheridan campus) once normal campus operations resume. This position is currently working remotely.
Reference #: 21/A/47
Employee Group: Administrative
Hiring Range: $76,235 – $81,000
Salary Range: $76,235 – $95,294
Application Deadline: June 10, 2021
Sheridan is deeply committed to promoting diversity, advancing equity and fostering a culture of inclusion. Therefore, we invite applications from marginalized and equity-seeking groups. Persons with a disability may contact the Human Resources department to request accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process.
You may be asked to provide copies of your educational credentials at the time of interview. Upon hire, we require official confirmation of educational credentials and Canadian equivalency assessments, if applicable.