Career Level Others
Experience 2-5 years
Qualifications Bachelor’s Degree
The incumbent provides first level technical and customer service assistance in a tiered support model, and is responsible for: providing IT support at the Campus IT counter for walk-in students, employees, guests and visitors; performing initial troubleshooting of IT incidents for the Sheridan community; handling IT Service Desk phone calls as per the skill based call routing; providing supporting to all teaching spaces as it relates to IT, Audio Visual and conferencing aspects; providing desk-side assistance to all Sheridan employees as it relates to IT, Audio Visual and conferencing components; supporting all IT services as documented in the IT Service Catalogue; providing assistance and support for IT related issues as guided by more senior IT staff.
What You’ll be Doing
- Consulting with IT Service owners to ensure accurate, timely service provision in accordance with the established service level agreements;
- Maintaining expertise of all services listed in the IT Service Catalogue and process of fulfilling them;
- Providing advise to Sheridan customers on a wide variety of technology and software;
- Actively participating in and supporting activities related to testing new IT procedures, new software tools, documentation and systems and preparing users for new processes or new technology;
- Triaging and troubleshooting software, hardware, server and network issues;
- Performing first call resolution and aims to fix issues without escalating to the next level;
- Investigating, providing and documenting workarounds for newly discovered incidents;
- Performing testing of technology solutions and piloting the feasibility of a solution or product;
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to write clearly and concisely.
- You enjoy balancing many different tasks and can prioritize multiple projects while staying organized and maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Your excellent problem-solving skills allow you to resolve unexpected challenges and come up with improvements to existing processes.
- You use your interpersonal skills to build strong working relationships and provide excellent customer service.
- You enjoy working as part of a team in a diverse, fast-paced office environment.
- The successful candidate will also meet the following qualifications:
- 3-year diploma/degree in Computer Science or other technology or IT Service related field along with 2-years of experience working in a variety of IT areas including IT service provision, telephony, server maintenance, business analysis, and project management. Equivalency will be considered.
- Basic network understanding to expertly perform the generalist’s role on a level 1 support matrix is required.
- CompTIA A+ certification and the ITIL Foundation certification are required. MCSA and/or MCITP certifications are considered an asset.
- Knowledge of technological trends and their use cases pertaining to the wide variety of audience.
Who We Are:
“Every member of the Sheridan community is passionate about the transformational role we play in people’s lives. Our strategic plan, Sheridan 2024: Galvanizing Education for a Complex World (https://sheridan2024.sheridancollege.ca/), charts a path towards a new ground-breaking model of higher education that reshapes post-secondary education and better prepares students for the future. We are committed to demonstrably advancing equity, diversity and inclusivity. Diversity is our strength and fuels our commitment to excellence. Across our campuses, we’re making meaningful strides towards developing an equitable and inclusive community”.
- For more information, visit: Why Work at Sheridan
Campus Location: Davis (may be assigned activities at any Sheridan campus). This position is currently working on-site.
Reference #: J1221-1699
Employee Group: Support Staff
Hourly Range: $32.64 – $37.90
Hours: 11am – 8pm
Application Deadline: January 19, 2022
Application Details: This is a temporary position that may continue until September 9, 2022. Please note that this position is subject to Article 7.5, Shift Premium.
Sheridan is deeply committed to implementing the Calls to Action framed by the Truth and Reconciliation Commission. We acknowledge that we live and work on the traditional territory of the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nations, Anishinaabe Nation, Huron-Wendat and the Haudenosaunee Confederacy. Sheridan is situated on these lands, and it is our collective responsibility to honour and respect those who have gone before us, those who are here, and those who have yet to come. We are grateful for the opportunity to be working on this land.
Sheridan values the diverse and intersectional identities of its students, faculty, and staff. Sheridan regards equity and diversity as an integral part of academic excellence and is committed to accessibility for all employees. Sheridan seeks applicants who embrace our values of equity, anti-racism, and inclusion. As such, we encourage applications from qualified candidates who have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including those who identify as First Nations, Métis and/or Inuit/Inuk, Black, members of racialized communities, persons with disabilities, women and/or 2SLGBTQ+.
Sheridan is committed to accessibility for persons with disabilities. If you have any application, interview, or workplace accommodation requests, please contact Human Resources.
You may be asked to provide copies of your educational credentials at the time of interview. Upon hire, we require official confirmation of educational credentials and Canadian equivalency assessments, if applicable.